Friday, September 24, 2004

In the Closing Stages of my 20's....


Mazie
Originally uploaded by kchanley.
It is coming to an end. My days as a twenty-something are almost finished. Tomorrow is the day I turn THIRTY. THE BIG 3-0.

I'm excited about turning thirty. I'm proud of where I am in life, for the most part. We bought a house this year; I have 2 great kids, an almost perfect Marriage, a wonderful family.

Tonight I get my birthday dinner from Mom. My favorite, Vegetable Soup and as my mother says "Toasted Cheese". I don't know why, everyone else calls them grilled cheese. They aren't grilled, they are kind of toasted, in a big electric skillet. Kevin will bitch, because he only likes hamburgers and French fries, but at least I'm not asking for Cherry Tomato Soup. I hope she makes dessert too.

For the birthday celebration, we are going to Karaoke at The Silver Bell. Hopefully, my whole damn family will be there. We don't sing, but Karaoke night at The Bell is an almost guaranteed good time. Sean gets extra points for adding a Ms. Pac Man machine when they renovated the place. So if all else fails, we can entertain ourselves by trying to outwit Pinky, Inky, Blinky, & Clyde.

I set up our scarecrow last night. I'm pretty sure that I'm going to go home tonight to find her stuffing shredded all over the yard, thanks to our can't stop chewing on everything dogs. This morning, I named the scarecrow Mazie.

1 Comments:

At 6:25 PM, Blogger LAURIE said...

I want some soup, too!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home