Monday, October 25, 2004

Halloween Parties and Sugar Highs

Last Saturday night Max & I went to the coolest Halloween Party for kids. They had tons of food, tons of games & prizes, a hayride, and a haunted house. Jenny's mom even provided pumpkins for all the kids to decorate. She dumped a huge Rubbermaid container of craft supplies on a table and gave each kid a plate of glue so they could go to town. I have to admit that I decorated my own pumpkin, for Tessa of course!

Max had a blast, and so did I. We left no-nap Tessa at home with sick Daddy. I was totally shocked that Max went through the Haunted House, and kind of afraid myself since there was a chainsaw man at the end. I am deathly afraid of chainsaws. I blame it on watching Texas Chainsaw Massacre when I was way too young. What shocked me the most is that Max went through the house twice! The second time he was planning on scaring the 'scarers', but ended up covering his ears and clenching his eyes as tight as he could while I pushed him through. I can't believe my sweet boy didn't just have a meltdown in the middle of the whole thing.

Last night we had to go to another Halloween Party at the Christian Church. Terry & Tessa joined us this time. It was fun, and we got a nice orange cake from the cake walk. Just what we need, more sugar. Why in the hell to people insist on shoving candy down my kids throats? They don't have to put up with them while they are having a 2 hour sugar rush, that's why.

I hate all the stupid candy that we get on Holidays. I'm going to hand out pencils or toothbrushes for Halloween. Don't come to my house, I'm giving out shitty treats.

2 Comments:

At 9:43 AM, Blogger Busy Mom said...

Sounds like a fun day!

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger Sara Mouth said...

Make sure you come by my house so I can give them their big treat bag! haahaha. We'll be dodging your house. If you give out that crap, you'll get tricked!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home