Thursday, February 24, 2005

An Entry That I Started Almost 2 Weeks Ago

February 11, 2005
We have 3 infected ears in our house right now. I try to remember how lucky I am when one of the kids gets sick. I mean, they are pretty healthy overall, just a couple of colds here & there and a guaranteed bout with a nasty stomach virus at least once every six months. I did have to make TWO trips to town yesterday since Max waited until I was on my way back from the doctor's office before he started screaming that his ear hurt too. I asked him before I took Tess in, and he swore that he felt all better. Go figure.

Then I think about Kim & Lily, and suddenly a cold or an ear infection is nothing at all. Or Sandra, my favorite Breast Cancer survivor in the whole world. And I feel like such a wuss.

February 24, 2005
I just came back from lunch (lunch being a trip to Target, which seems to be the norm these days). I was told that one of our guys had made it through his procedure and was now in recovery. When they did the surgery, 2 malignant tumors were found. He has been given his first dose of chemotherapy already. I feel like I'm going to just throw up.

I talked to him yesterday afternoon, and I think he knew something was really wrong. I just thought he was afraid of someone sticking a camera/laser up his pee pee. I can't help but giggle when I think about him asking me, "do you know how they have to go in to look at your bladder when you're a guy!?!". I responded with "your pee hole?". I told him he would be fine, and he looked at me really seriously and said "I don't know, that's my, my, you know". Poor guy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home