Thursday, February 03, 2005

I Think I Should be Breathing Into a Paper Bag

I feel like I'm having a little heart attack right now. My babies are babies no more.

I called the elementary school to verify that Max was on the list for fall kindergarten, and he was. I talked to the nurse about his health (great), forms, and school hours. I'm going to try for the morning class so I can get him on the School Bus. ACK! I'm going to put my baby on a school bus. Did they ever put seat belts in those things?

Tessa has been wearing panties! Her "Kee-Cats" are her favorites, and she has to show EVERYONE. She's doing really well, I'm so proud of her. Less diapers, but so much more toilet paper. We're working on that part.

I know I'm totally jinxing myself by saying this, but Max stayed in his bed last night. All night. I made a huge deal out of it this morning, all Hail the Big Boy! I haven't pushed too awful hard to get him out of our bed, I don't mind sleeping like a big pile of puppies if it makes the kids feel secure.

Tessa let me swaddle her (with a huge blanket) and rock her last night. She was playing 'baby', which is really odd. Lately, we've been playing Barbies, and makeup! She loves her makeup (chapstick & makeup brushes) and thinks its the best thing in the world when I give her a dab of lotion for her legs or use my nail buffer on those itty bitty fingernails. My little princess.

Where did my babies go?

3 Comments:

At 11:47 AM, Blogger Sara Mouth said...

YAY for Max and for you on the sleeping in his own bed!

Maybe you guys should have another one. ;-)

 
At 11:41 PM, Blogger Melany aka Supermom said...

I know just how you feel! When Jason started preschool this week, I wanted to cry. My baby is now in school!!! Makes me want to have another baby now

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger Queen Of Pink said...

I know how you feel. I have to enroll my oldest in MIDDLE SCHOOL for God's sake. It's about to cripple me thinking that I am actually the parent of a child in MIDDLE SCHOOL. Sigh.

Oh, and this is Julie (Mary's mom) from the Aug 02 PG. Love your blog! I'll be visiting frequently!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home