Wednesday, April 20, 2005

My Little Thief

I went to Home Depot and bought flowers on Sunday, as a Spring/Anniversary gift to myself. After I picked up the kids from Mom’s, we went home and I ran inside to drop off my purse & junk while the kids were getting out of the car. Tessa is doing everything herself these days & it takes her FOREVER to get in and out of the car. I came back out & noticed that my huge, beautiful pot of melon/pink Gerber Daisies was missing from it’s spot in the garden. So I thought Terry had seen them and took them out back to plant them where he wanted them. I looked out back, couldn’t find my daisies, couldn’t find Terry. So I think that Debbie stole them while we were gone (Debbie stole all the pots of ivy from my SIL's wedding) & go into my in-laws house to see if they or Terry knew where they were. By now, the kids had gone in their front door & out the back, so they were playing outside. Terry looked at me like I was nuts when I asked him about them and Mike just sat there while I went on and on about how pretty these flowers were and somebody stole them. I was griping for about 2 minutes.

Then Mike says, “Tessa had some pink flowers when she came through”

Me: “That big pot?” It was a big pot for Tessa to lug around.

Mike: “Pretty big.”

I go out back and ask Tessa about the flowers. I got a lot of "yeah, pink, pretty, smell yummy, pink, my flowers" from her. Then MIL goes back in her house & comes out with my flowers and said Tessa had knocked on the door and said “Look at my flowers Meemaw, they are for you”. LOL. My little turd carried the pot with her everywhere until I finally planted them last night. I think I’m going to get her another pot of them, just for her to have. She LOVES helping me with the flowers.

Spring 05 024

2 Comments:

At 5:36 AM, Anonymous Melany said...

Ahhww...that's so sweet

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger Jodi said...

Too cute!

And thanks for updating! ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home